Generations of New Zealanders benefit from sustainable solutions to global and regional challenges.
- $17 Million of ODA funding provided to the COVAX facility
- $142.2 million dispersed to the Pacific to support COVID-19 responses
- Scott Base redevelopment project progressed
- New Zealand supported Pacific countries to respond to sea level rise
- New Zealand supported progress on Pacific climate resilience
New Zealanders have confidence their country can influence others on issues that matter to them, now and in the future.
- Successfully hosting a virtual APEC21
- Maintained close ties with New Zealand‘s partners
- 100% delivery on our 2016-2020 ASEAN Plan of Action
- Progressed New Zealand values in international rules and norms
- Sir Robert Martin re-elected to the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
New Zealanders have better job opportunities and incomes from trade, investment and other international connections.
- Quarantine-free Travel secured with Australia, Cooks Islands, and Niue
- 64.5% of exports covered by Free Trade Agreements
- Continued to deepen and strengthen engagement with Māori
- $195 million estimated worth of Non-Tariff Barriers resolved
- 77,000views of MFAT market insights reports
New Zealanders are able to live, do business, travel and communicate more safely at home and offshore.
- New Zealand hosted the Christchurch Call’s Second Anniversary Summit
- 2,750 +Global consular cases managed
- Pursued efforts to uphold international rules on disarmament and non-proliferation
- New Zealand signed the Artemis Accords
- New Zealand took up a role on the Board of Governors of the International Atomic Energy Agency