The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade aspires to be a workplace that values and utilises diverse and inclusive thinking, people and behaviours. This means that staff reflect the diversity of New Zealand and the countries the Ministry works in, and that the contributions of staff with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives are valued and respected.
The Ministry values are:
Impact: We achieve for New Zealand, everyday, everywhere
Kotahitanga: We draw strength from our diversity
Courage: We do the right thing
Manaakitanga: We honour and respect others
The Associate Counsel is a specialist professional position in the Corporate Legal Unit of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (the Ministry) working closely with the Corporate Counsel contributing to the provision of legal advice to the Ministry. This is a newly established position responsible for embedding and championing the Ministry’s compliance framework.
In this position you will be responsible for ensuring the Ministry consistently meets its legal obligations and makes good decisions in doing so, through leading the implementation of compliance framework, including its administered legal obligations. Implementing this framework will involve project managing the programme, identifying priorities and risks, developing tools for Corporate Legal and clients, and monitoring the Ministry’s successes.
• Champion the Ministry’s compliance/alignment including project management, identify priorities, develop tools and monitor success
• Provide administrative law advice including on constitutional and machinery of Government issues and the Ministry’s implementation of its obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi/the Treaty of Waitangi
• Provide general legal advice on OIA processes, privacy, commercial, diplomatic, litigation, and health and safety issues and assist with complex consular cases
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and New Zealand Law Society Practising Certificate
• At least 4 years’ post admission experience, with some preferably in government or in-house
• Familiarity with compliance/alignment and regulatory best practice
• Basic experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contract and project documentation
• Good knowledge of public law
• Comfort with working in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Ability to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government Security clearance
• Hold New Zealand citizenship
• Strong relationship, written and oral communication skills with an ability to convey complex information logically
• Capability in project management
• Ability to think strategically and contribute to group conversations/decision making while also being confident in exercising sound judgement and working independently as well
How to apply:
A position description can be found here. [DOCX, 66 KB]
Applications close 4 March 2020, 12pm.
To apply for this role, please submit a covering letter, CV and MFAT application form to HRGRecruitment@mfat.govt.nz prior to the closing date, quoting the position title and job number #2020-23.
You must be a New Zealand Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is seeking an experienced office manager with significant people and administration management skills for the New Zealand Embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
The Embassy in Ankara represents the New Zealand Government to the highest standards of professional excellence across New Zealand’s political, trade and economic, defence and security and international development interests, as well as delivering consular services for New Zealanders in Turkey.
The Administration Manager contributes to the achievement of the strategic priorities of the Post through effective delivery of a full range of office administration duties, including management of local staff and the Embassy’s financial processes, property and IT systems, and management of the Embassy’s consular services. Attached below is a full position description.
The role will suit those interested in a broad range of work in a fascinating, diverse and fast-changing environment. The ability to provide leadership and deliver results in a collaborative manner is essential, as is the ability to work effectively across cultures. For the right person, this role will provide a rewarding experience across a range of tasks and challenges.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate New Zealand security clearance. They must have the right to reside and work in Turkey. This is a locally employed position and no assistance with relocation will be provided. The annual salary range for the position is Turkish Lira 118,150 – 159,850, (gross) depending on experience and qualifications (noting that the employee share of the social security payment (SGK) is deducted from the salary; taxation is the responsibility of the employee).
How to apply:
Applications close 21 February 2020, 5pm. It is expected that the successful candidate will start in the role from mid-July 2020.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role to emailing email@example.com.
The Position Description and Selection Criteria for this position can be downloaded from the Embassy’s website: https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/countries-and-regions/middle-east/turkey/new-zealand-embassy/job-vacancies/.