Are you a professional, reliable and creative Chef looking for your next challenge? Keen to cook for the Diplomatic Community in Brussels?
The Mission of New Zealand to the EU in Brussels is seeking a Chef to prepare and cook top quality meals served at the Ambassador’s Residence and the Mission for official functions such as receptions, luncheons and dinners; and to perform related duties. The Chef plans, budgets, organises and manages official functions at the Residence and at the Mission.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate/prove:
• Experience in planning innovative menus and preparing high-standard meals for functions;
• Practical experience in international and New Zealand cuisine is essential;
• Customer-focused and sound judgement;
• Good communication skills, attention to detail, motivation, initiative; • Ability to work under pressure;
• Good computer skills;
• Work effectively, autonomously and as part of team in a fast paced environment.
Relevant experience with a proven work history in a reputable organisation is essential.
We are looking for the successful appointee to commence duties late March/ early April 2018. This is a locally-engaged position with terms and conditions of employment set in accordance with local employment requirements. The Chef is expected to live on site (one bedroom flat provided).
To apply for this position, send an email to Helene.email@example.com with two Word documents attached:
• A letter of no more than two pages, addressed to the Administration Manager, setting out why you are applying for this job, with specific examples of how you meet all the criteria set out above;
• A current CV (résumé)
Any application that does not meet these specifications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications close 5.00 pm on Monday 26 February 2018 (local time).
- Position Description [PDF, 182 KB]
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) acts in the world to make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. Its purpose is to create the international conditions and connections for New Zealand to thrive. MFAT has over 1,400 staff in New Zealand and at 57 overseas posts. Leading a specialist team, the Divisional Manager – Executive Services is responsible for leading the support of MFAT’s relationship with Ministerial offices, Parliament and the public.
Through your team you will ensure requests and responses managed by the Ministry are done so efficiently and effectively. These requests include OIA requests, Ministerial correspondence and Parliamentary questions. As a centralised team, the Divisional Manager ensures consistent advice and quality assurance to other parts of the Ministry, Ministers and the Senior Leadership Team. The Divisional Manager has responsibility for coordinating the Ministry’s engagement in Select Committee processes, and also leads the information services function.
The successful appointee will have the following experience and capabilities:
• Demonstrated understanding of Machinery of Government processes;
• Previous experience in developing and managing processes and systems for handling Ministerial correspondence and briefings, Cabinet papers, Parliamentary Questions, and Official Information Act requests.
• Ability to coach and develop people, including those beyond your immediate team
• Key stakeholder engagement skills, with the capacity to influence across a range of audiences; • Demonstrated ability to make sound judgment calls under pressure and lead a highly-skilled, multifaceted team in a fast changing environment;
• Proven understanding of how to support service delivery mandates will be valuable.
This is a Wellington based role. You must be a New Zealand citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance.
To apply for this position please complete an application form and submit with your CV and covering letter by 12 noon 06 March 2018.
- Position Description [PDF, 223 KB]
A unique and exciting opportunity has become available to work in the Ministry’s Human Resources Group as a Career Adviser to support the provision of career development advice and coaching to all staff across the Ministry. We are looking at a number of ways and configurations for resourcing the careers team at the Ministry and are open to considering applications from applicants wanting to work either full-time, part-time or flexi-hours.
As well as providing career advice, you will maintain a range of career tools and resources for use within the Ministry and deliver training focused on effective CV writing and interview skills. You will also develop and organise career events in support of the Ministry’s resourcing processes and act as a point of contact for staff posted offshore, alumni, secondees, and staff on extended leave to support their career transitions and keep them connected with the Ministry. Through your work, you will promote the value of diversity, flexibility, and the importance of the elimination of bias.
To be successful in this role ideally you will have:
• Well-developed coaching skills that enable people to develop their own solutions without imposing solutions.
• Experience designing, providing and/or facilitating training and workshops especially for CV writing and interview techniques.
• Good planning and organising skills.
• A sound understanding of the Ministry’s offshore operations and challenges.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. As well as a high level of empathy, discretion, judgement and tact.
• Experience/qualification in career counselling and/or coaching including the use of tools and methodologies to support this.
• A sound understanding of the nature of the roles available in the Ministry including knowledge of the resourcing cycle and the mechanisms for pursuing opportunities for development and career progression across all roles.
Starting salary for this role is $108,538-$127,692.
This role is based in Wellington. You must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance. A position description for this role is available here.
To apply please complete an application form and submit your CV and cover letter by 5pm 6 March 2018.
- Position Description [PDF, 138 KB]