Kiribati scholarship application process
The application and selection process for scholarship applicants from Kiribati is different from other New Zealand Scholarships.
Contact the New Zealand High Commission in Bairiki for a paper application form and an information pack. The High Commission is open on Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 12.30pm, and from 1.30pm - 5.00pm.
Post or deliver your completed application form back to the New Zealand High Commission in Bairiki before the application closing date. Please note we do not accept late applications.
The selection process takes place in Kiribati. If you are successful, the New Zealand High Commission will contact you. If you accept a New Zealand Scholarship, the New Zealand High Commission will help you to move to your study location.
- Write in English: We do not accept applications in other languages.
- Legible handwriting please: Write tidily with blue or black pen so we can read your handwriting. We may not assess illegible applications.
- Check your work: Make sure your answers make sense. Use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Keep answers concise: Make sure each answer is within the maximum word limit specified on the form.
- Don’t cheat or plagiarise: We will reject your application if there is evidence your work is not your own work or other people have helped you with your answers.
Phone or send your enquiry to the High Commission in Kiribati:
Address: New Zealand High Commission, PO Box 53, Bairiki, Tarawa
Telephone: +686 21400