4. Research which courses to study
Scholars can study abroad in New Zealand at one of eight universities or one institute of technology. Citizens from eligible Pacific countries can also choose from four Pacific universities.
Applicants should carefully research each approved education institution and their course catalogue.
You should research:
- an education institution that suits your academic and personal needs
- a qualification at the level of study available for your country
- a qualification that progresses on from your highest qualification
- subjects that interest you. You can choose to study any academic subjects. But we give priority to applicants who choose a study major in one of our recommended subjects.
There are nine approved education institutions that New Zealand Scholars can study at: eight universities and one institute of technology.
Eight universities to choose from
QS World University Rankings ranks New Zealand universities in the top 3%. New Zealand universities rank in the world’s top 100 in over 30 subjects.
- Auckland University of Technology (external link)
- Lincoln University (external link)
- Massey University (external link)
- University of Auckland (external link)
- University of Canterbury (external link)
- University of Otago (external link)
- University of Waikato (external link)
- Victoria University of Wellington (external link)
One institute of technology to choose from
New Zealand’s institutes of technology are also world class. They provide high-quality qualifications and training that focus on practical skills and hands-on experience.
Do more research on these New Zealand websites
These websites will also help you choose the best New Zealand education institution and courses for you:
- About the Universities of New Zealand (external link)
- About studying in New Zealand (external link)
- Match me to a New Zealand course (external link)
Citizens from eligible Pacific countries can also study at one of four approved Pacific universities.
- University of South Pacific (external link)
- Fiji National University (external link)
- University of Papua New Guinea (external link)
- Pacific Adventist University (external link)