In 2016 New Zealand Scholarships applications can be made online from 1st February 2016. Applications close on 30th April 2016. Any eligible country can apply online.
- Forms and conditions
15 April 2016 (paper application)
30 April 2016 (online application)
PT. Scope Global Nusantara
Lippo Kuningan, 19th Floor
Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav. B12
Jakarta 12940. Indonesia
Tel: +62 21 2911 0146
Fax: +62 21 2911 0147
English language training
As part of your New Zealand ASEAN Scholarship, you may be eligible to undertake English Language Training in Indonesia for up to one year prior to taking up your study in New Zealand. English Language Training is currently provided through the Indonesia Australia Language Foundation (external link), Surabaya, Indonesia. Further information will be provided to successful candidates.
New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships are available for the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate Certificate (6 months)
- Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)
- Masters Degree (1 – 2 years)
- PhD (up to 3.5 years)
Candidates must meet all the scholarship eligibility criteria including:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship and have resided in that country for at least the last two years.
- Agree to return to your home country for a minimum of two years on completion of the scholarship.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate strong academic ability, leadership qualities, and a commitment to the development of their home country.
Preference is also given to candidates who are 39 years of age or younger at the time of commencing their scholarship.
Preference will be given to candidates from Eastern Indonesia (West Nusa Tenggara, East Nusa Tenggara, Maluku, North Maluku, Papua and West Papua).
Preference will be given to candidates who apply to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following:
- Agri-business management, agricultural economics, agricultural systems and management, rural development, domestic supply chains and distribution
- Biology, vegetable production, livestock/animal husbandry, crop management, sericulture (silk production), forestry, fisheries, aquaculture, agricultural pest management
- Phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade,
- Food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety
- Geothermal, solar, hydro engineering and wind energy, renewable energy distribution systems
Disaster risk management
- Disaster response, emergency management,
- Hazard assessment and management, natural resource management, environmental management, geology, geotechnical engineering, water resource management
- Climate change adaptation, land planning & development
Public sector management
- Public administration, public policy and management, public sector leadership and governance, human resource capacity development, information management
- Public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography, political science, social policy
- International trade and business, trade facilitation, trade policy
Private sector development
- Business/private sector management and leadership, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) development, entrepreneurship, marketing, accountancy
- Value chain development, logistics & supply chain management, trade facilitation, economics/ applied economics, business finance, commerce, industrial relations
- Tourism - Ecotourism, tourism management, tourism planning, tourism marketing
English language teaching
- Teacher upskilling, curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, education research.
Examples of qualifications in teaching English
New Zealand ASEAN Scholarship conditions [PDF, 594 KB]