French Pacific Territories scholarships
The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from Wallis and Futuna, New Caledonia and French Polynesia who are motivated to make a difference at home.
The following scholarship types are available. Follow the links below for more information about the particular scholarship type.
Please visit the website of the New Zealand Consulate General in Noumea for further information.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
- Agri-business management: agricultural economics, agricultural systems and management, rural development, logistics, supply chain and distribution management, value chain development, agriculture marketing, international agribusiness
- Agriculture production: animal science, veterinary nursing, plant science, horticultural science, soil science
- Agriculture trade and technology: Phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade
- Post-harvest: food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety
Public sector management
Economic policy: public financial management reform, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography,
Education: policy, sector management and reform
Public sector leadership: public administration, public policy and management, public sector governance, human resource capacity development, information management.
International trade and business: trade facilitation, trade policy
- Includes civil, mechanical and electrical (for postgraduate only)
- Engineering Public Utilities (Maintenance and reliability, water, sanitation,
- Geothermal, solar, hydro-electric and wind energy, energy engineering, renewable energy distribution systems, energy sector management/reform, including energy economics and financials
- Including eco-tourism and cultural tourism: marketing, communications, guiding, promotion of natural and cultural resources in a responsible way
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).
New Zealand Consulate-General Noumea 27 rue de Verdun (BP 2219) 2nd Floor Noumea New Calendonia Tel: +687 272 543 Fax: +687 271 740 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org