As the below dashboard demonstrates New Zealand also ranks high among other countries for the following:
- 2nd on the Corruption Perception Index
- 3rd on the Index of Economic Freedom
- 16th on the UNDP's Human Development Index
- 7th on the OECD’s Better Life Index
For international investors and business people interested in doing business with New Zealand
Visit NZTE.govt.nz(external link) – the website of New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (the New Zealand government organization for economic development and strengthening of trade): This website will:
- provide information about New Zealand’s economy and export industries
- help you locate New Zealand companies, products and services
- help you locate New Zealand investment opportunities
- highlight New Zealand participation at international events.
If you are considering investing in New Zealand’s technology sector, download The Investor’s Guide to the New Zealand Technology Sector(external link). This provides information on New Zealand’s leading technology companies and the domestic and international investment opportunities that exist in the sector.
Canadian businesses interested in doing trade in New Zealand are recommended to get in touch with Canada's Trade Commissioner Service(external link).
For NZ companies looking to start, manage and grow their business
Visit Business.govt.nz(external link) managed and maintained by the Ministry of Business(external link), Innovation and Employment(external link) (MBIE). MBIE is committed to ensuring New Zealand is one of the best places in the world to do business and this website is designed to help support this.
Here you’ll find business resources, tools and information to help develop and maximise your business.
For New Zealand exporters looking for support in communicating their distinctly kiwi attributes to the world
- The New Zealand Story is not a campaign or a tag line; it’s an overarching story that provides other key areas such as tourism, education, investment, immigration and trade, a framework for speaking about New Zealand. Visit nzstory.govt.nz(external link).
- Drawing on the themes of Open Spaces, Open Hearts, and Open Minds – and three core values, kaitiaki, integrity and resourcefulness, the New Zealand Story toolkit(external link) provides a practical set of business resources to help communicate to the world the distinctively kiwi attributes that make them unique.