On this page
Executive Assistant, New Zealand Embassy Seoul
- The New Zealand Embassy in Seoul is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Ambassador.
- We need someone with senior PA experience who is very organised and able to perform to a high level under pressure.
- You will need to demonstrate strong skills in English communication, relationship building, teamwork, customer focus and attention to detail.
- Experience arranging and organising representational and work functions, meetings, presentations, conferences and workshops is important.
If you are an enthusiastic, capable executive assistant looking for an opportunity to work in support of the New Zealand Government in Seoul, we want to hear from you.
The New Zealand Embassy in Seoul is an office of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Our people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with and influencing other countries and international institutions, we advance New Zealand's interests and demonstrate New Zealand's values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world. The New Zealand Embassy is a team of five New Zealand diplomats and 12 staff employed at post, charged with promoting New Zealand, furthering New Zealand’s interests, and providing consular assistance to New Zealanders in Korea. We are a dedicated team with a strong purpose. Our values are Courage (do the right thing), Impact (achieve for New Zealand), Manaakitanga (honour and respect others) and Kotahitanga (strength from diversity).
About the role
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing PA support to the HOM and administration functions to the Post to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the office. The position also serves as back-up on consular matters.
The starting salary range for this position is between KRW 32,773,114 and KRW 38,556,605 per annum, with position in the range dependent on skills and experience. The ideal candidate will be available to commence duties in June 2021, or as soon as practicable.
The successful applicant will be employed on local terms and conditions and must have the right to work in South Korea. Obtaining and maintaining an appropriate working visa is the responsibility of the applicant and any offer of employment is subject to this. In addition relocation to Seoul, if required, is to be undertaken at the expense of the applicant.
Who are we looking for?
- A candidate who has five to six years’ previous successful experience in a secretarial or administration support role to a manager and/or team.
- A candidate who has demonstrated ability to contribute to and work within a team.
- A candidate with excellent written and oral communication skills (in both English and Korean).
- A candidate who has demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- A candidate with excellent Microsoft Office suite skills.
- A candidate who has well-developed planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure.
- A candidate with strong customer focus, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people.
- A candidate who possess a strong achievement/delivery focus – sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail.
- A candidate with ability to work autonomously and within guidelines, demonstrating the use of sound judgement.
- A candidate who has demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, including adaptability and openness to change.
- A candidate with ability to anticipate issues and problems and think of creative solutions.
- A candidate who displays personal integrity and an honest and ethical approach.
- A strong administrator willing and able to support others.
- A team player with a positive and supportive attitude.
We want our people to reflect the diversity of New Zealand and the communities we represent - valuing and respecting the contributions of staff with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We value the transferrable skills and points of view that both career and life experience bring to the table. As an employer we are committed to a focus on leadership, talent, training and development, and flexible work options.
If you think this position is right for you, we'd love to hear from you! Apply today with your CV, cover letter, and application form.
You can send your application documents to email@example.com. Applications close midnight on Wednesday 19 May 2021.