The New Zealand High Commission Fund (Fund) supports small scale, short-term community projects that contribute to wider community development and well-being.
Projects must be in line with the New Zealand Aid Programme's mission of sustainable development.
Applications for the Fund 2021/2022 – Single round
Applications open: 23 August 2021 (CKT)
Applications close: 18 October 2021 at 2pm (CKT)
Who can apply
The Fund is aimed primarily at community groups and non-government organisations, but other types of organisations – for example schools and business associations, may apply. The Fund does not support projects for individual businesses.
The theme for the 2021/22 Fund is:
- He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata
We are keen to support projects that contribute to community development and well-being, whether this is through supporting children and youth, women, people with disabilities, older persons or any other people or groups in the community, or any activity that brings a community-wide benefit.
Approved projects must be completed within one year, with all invoices submitted and payments disbursed no later than 15 June 2022.
The maximum level of funding per project application is NZ$25,000.
Please ensure your Implementation Plan clearly illustrates the key stages of your project from start to finish. In effect, we are requesting a project timeline of key tasks for the project with the resources required identified.
Project budget summary
Please clearly show what your costings are for your project, and clearly show which costs you would like the Fund to contribute to and which other sources of funding will cover the project costs in your proposal. You must provide all quotations/invoices for the costs you wish the Fund to cover. These must accurately reflect the cost of services and or goods.
What will not be funded
- Political, religious or evangelical activities N.B. faith-based groups are not excluded where the proposed project is consistent with the purpose of the Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions, and the funds are not used to support proselytising
- Site visits
- Unsolicited donations
- Individual student scholarships
- International airfares/overseas conference attendance
In addition, applications for the following activities will not be considered:
- Office equipment including desktops, laptops, tablets, photocopiers, scanners and mobile phones
- High maintenance equipment and machinery
- Purchase or hire of vehicles, including tractors, motor cycles/mopeds, and ride-on-mowers
- Salaries or personnel subsidies
- Land preparation
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please ensure you read the criteria thoroughly before submitting an application. As resources are limited, we will prioritise projects that best align with the above theme and criteria.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications without all quotations/invoices will be considered incomplete.
All applicants will be notified by email on the result of their application approximately 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
Phone: +682 22 201