The New Zealand Customs Service (external link) is the government agency with the job of protecting the New Zealand border. It has specific responsibilities for ensuring that all goods and persons entering and exiting New Zealand do so in accordance with New Zealand laws and regulations.
The New Zealand Customs Service (external link) website provides information on:
- Travelling to New Zealand (external link)
- Completing the passenger arrival card (external link)
- Importing goods (commercial) (external link)
- Importing goods (personal) (external link)
- Importing motor vehicles (external link)
- Duty free allowances (external link)
- Sending your belongings to New Zealand (external link)
The Ministry for Primary Industries (external link) is charged with leadership of the New Zealand biosecurity system. It encompasses facilitating international trade, protecting the health of New Zealanders and ensuring the welfare of our environment, flora and fauna, marine life and Maori resources.
The Traveller and Recreation section (external link) of the Ministry for Primary Industries New Zealand website includes information on:
Information regarding the importation of medicines can be obtained from the New Zealand's medicines and medical devices safety authority (external link) (Medsafe) website.