New Zealand citizens are exempt from the requirement to obtain approval from the Australian Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) before they purchase an urban property in Australia. New Zealand citizens who wish to buy rural or commercial property in Australia, like all other foreign citizens, would likely need to obtain FIRB approval. For further information contact the Foreign Investment Review Board (external link).

Back to living in Australia