New Zealanders who hold certain qualifications (e.g. a university or polytechnic degree or certificate) or are registered to practice in certain occupations (e.g. plumbers, electricians) are able to have their qualifications recognised in Australia under the trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Agreement without having to undergo further testing and/or examination. This applies only to occupations that are required to be registered, certified, licensed or approved in both Australia and New Zealand.

To obtain recognition of a New Zealand qualification, New Zealanders need to contact Australian Education International (external link).

Back to living in Australia