From 1 October 2019, some international visitors, transit passengers and all cruise ship passengers must have an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) before travelling to New Zealand.

You are required to hold an NZeTA before travelling to New Zealand if you are:

• Travelling on a passport from a visa waiver country • Travelling on a passport from a transit visa waiver country

• An Australian permanent resident • A cruise ship passenger, regardless of nationality

Most visitors will also need to pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) at the same time the NZeTA is requested.

There will be two official ways to request an NZeTA and pay the IVL:

• Download the INZ mobile app

• Complete the form on Immigration New Zealand’s website

To learn more about the NZeTA and IVL:

• Visit (external link) (external link)

• NZeTA Traveller Information Sheet