New Zealand-Netherlands social security agreement
New Zealand and The Netherlands have concluded a Social Security Agreement.
The Agreement covers
- in the Netherlands: Old Age Insurance, Survivors Insurance, Invalidity Insurance, Sickness Insurance, Children’s Allowances.
- in New Zealand: New Zealand Superannuation, Veterans Pension, Invalids Benefit, Widows Benefit, Domestic Purposes Benefit for Widowers.
The Agreement means that
- Some New Zealand benefits and pensions can be paid to New Zealanders going to live in the Netherlands.
- New Zealanders who live in the Netherlands can use their New Zealand residence to help them meet the residential/insurance contribution criteria for Netherlands benefits and pensions. When they apply for a Netherlands benefit or pension, they can apply for a New Zealand benefit or pension as well.
- Dutch people who live in New Zealand can use their periods of Netherlands insurance to meet the residential requirements for benefits or pensions in New Zealand.
The New Zealand Embassy is unable to provide you with advice about your entitlement to a pension.
For further information please contact the following agencies.
In the Netherlands:
Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB)
6500 JN Nijmegen
Tel: +31 24 343 1010
Fax: +1 24 343 1009
Website: http://www.svb.nl/ (external link)
Uitvoering Werknemersverzekeringen (UWV)
Afdeling AG buitenland
1040 AB Amsterdam
Tel: +31 20 850 6111
Fax: +31 20 850 6342
Website: http://www.uwv.nl/ (external link)
In New Zealand:
International Services Office
Work and Income
PO Box 27-178
Tel: +64 4 916 2420
Fax: +64 4 918 0159
Website: www.workandincome.govt.nz (external link)