There is currently an outbreak of measles in New Zealand. The outbreak is pre-dominantly in the Auckland region.
Our relationship with the Caucasus
Most New Zealand interaction with Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia takes place in the multilateral sphere, in particular the United Nations.
However, in recent years there have been a number of high-level visits both to and from New Zealand. For example, in 2012, Armenia’s Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian visited New Zealand, and in December 2013, the New Zealand Prime Minister’s Special Envoy the Rt Hon Jim Bolger visited Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia. In July 2014 Foreign Minister McCully also visited Georgia.
Although bilateral trade is generally limited, there is potential for our trade and economic linkages to grow. Armenia is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Embassies and consular services
- New Zealand is represented in Georgia by the New Zealand Embassy in Warsaw.
- New Zealand is represented in Azerbaijan by the New Zealand Embassy in Ankara.
- New Zealand is represented in Armenia by the New Zealand Embassy in Moscow, Russia.
- Azerbaijan and Georgia are represented in New Zealand by their respective Embassies in Canberra.
- Armenia does not currently have representation in New Zealand.
News & Events
Die Botschaften von Australien, Kanada, Neuseeland und des Vereinigten Königreichs nehmen gemeinsam am Berliner Christopher Street Day 2019 teil.
From 1 October 2019, some international visitors and transit passengers must have an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) before travelling to NZ
Find out more about the current outbreak of measles in New Zealand.