If you are a New Zealand citizen in need of emergency assistance, please call the Consular Emergency Assistance number +64 99 20 20 20. If you are calling from within New Zealand, please call 0800 30 10 30.
If you are a New Zealander who needs to make a consular appointment at the Embassy, please email email@example.com.
Assistance for New Zealanders overseas
If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas – see https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/our-services(external link)
Consular staff at Embassies can:
- provide advice re lost or stolen passports if you need to travel urgently
- help you contact family or friends to request emergency funds
- provide a list of English-speaking lawyers, and contact family and friends on your behalf, if you are detained or arrested
- provide advice on local medical facilities, help contact your family and or insurance provider if you are ill or injured
- help with arrangements following a death overseas
- in certain circumstances, provide notarial services such as witnessing affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law
- account for New Zealanders who may have been affected by a major overseas crises, such as civil unrest and natural disasters.
For more information please visit www.safetravel.govt.nz(external link) and https://www.facebook.com/SafeTravel.govt.nz(external link)
In certain circumstances, staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law. The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. Please call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service, including applicable fees.
Certifying true copies: EGP 420 per certified copy.
Affidavits and Statutory Declarations: EGP 840 per document.
Authentication or Legalisation of Signatures: EGP 1,260 for a New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade signature, EGP 840 for an Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs signature.
Only cash payments can be accepted.