Assistance for New Zealanders overseas

If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas.  Read SafeTravel (external link) for more information. 

Consular staff at Embassies can:

For more information please visit the SafeTravel website (external link) and SafeTravel on Facebook (external link).

Notarial services

In certain circumstances, staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law. The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. You can call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service, including applicable fees. From 1 August 2016 fees for services will be in $US.