Immigration New Zealand (external link) (INZ) is the government agency responsible for establishing New Zealand immigration policies.
In general, you will need a visa if you wish to:
- visit as a tourist (external link)
- work temporarily (external link)
- have a working holiday (external link)
- reside permanently (external link)
- study (external link)
The Immigration New Zealand (external link) website provides comprehensive information in English about visa requirements when coming to New Zealand including information on:
- Commonly asked questions (external link)
- Forms and guides (external link)
- Fees (external link)
- Doctors for immigration medicals (external link)
- Where to lodge your application (external link)
- Visa-free countries (external link)
Passport Scanning Arrangements 15–26 August 2018
If you plan to travel to New Zealand over the next few weeks, please be aware there will be no passport scanning available at the New Zealand Embassy in Ankara 15–26 Augus 2018t.
We know many people have other travel planned over the upcoming Bayram Kurban holiday and will likely need their passports. Therefore, to make sure your passport does not get delayed unnecessarily when you send it to us for scanning, we recommend the following:
- If you plan to travel to New Zealand before 7 September, please send your passport to the New Zealand Embassy in Ankara to arrive no later than 14 August 2018.
- If travelling to New Zealand after 7 September, hold on to your passport until after Bayram Kurban and then send it to the New Zealand Embassy in Ankara after 26 August 2018.
How to submit your application
Visa applications should be submitted on the Immigration online website (external link).
If you are not able to submit an ONLINE application, you are able to submit a paper based visa application to:
- The Dubai Visa Application Centre if you live in Turkey or Jordan
- The Bangkok Visa Application Centre if you live in Israel
The contact details for the visa application centres can be found at: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/office (external link) and fee finder.
Electronic visas are now granted to travellers to New Zealand. However, travellers must still submit their passports for scanning upon instruction from Immigration New Zealand. Turkish travellers should send their passports to the New Zealand Embassy in Ankara.