Assistance for New Zealanders overseas

If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies and consulates can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas – see (external link)

Consular staff at Embassies and Consulates can:

For more information please visit (external link) and (external link)

Notarial services

In certain circumstances, staff at this Consulate-General are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law.  The Consulate-General does not provide legal and notarial services for Powers of Attorney.

The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Consulate-General. Please call +(852) 2525 5044 for information on the relevant fees and to make appointments for legal services.