Are you a Kiwi tech entrepreneur? Apply now to join us on a one week visit to Germany
We're offering up to five Kiwi tech entrepreneurs an opportunity to connect with and learn from business leaders and entrepreneurs in the German tech industry. Applications close 24 February 2020.
From 30 March to 3 April 2020 (excluding travel time).
Applicants must be:
- aged under 40
- an entrepreneur or business leader at CEO or senior management level in a New Zealand technology business.
Outstanding start-up entrepreneurs or emerging entrepreneurs will also be considered.
No knowledge or experience of the German language is expected, but an interest in the German market is strongly desirable.
- have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, but can be based offshore
- be interested in connecting with equivalents from other countries and exploring international business opportunities
- be confident public speakers willing to engage in dialogue with entrepreneurs from other countries
- be willing to contribute to the relationship between New Zealand and Germany
- be able to attend a webinar meeting on Friday, 6 March 2020 (NZ time).
This opportunity is part of the New Zealand-Germany Young Business Leaders Initiative, a key part of MFAT’s Germany strategy.
The week-long programme will give participants a better understanding of the tech sector in Germany and the European region.
Successful applicants will:
- meet German tech entrepreneurs and business leaders
- develop a greater knowledge of the tech sector in Germany, and
- explore ways to collaborate with entrepreneurs from Germany.
We’re connecting with industry partners to create opportunities to:
- learn about the German tech sector
- meet and network with entrepreneurs and business leaders from Germany
- connect with Government officials from New Zealand and Germany
- take time to understand the culture of Germany and to build connections with other group members.
Applicants will need to provide:
- 300 words indicating your interest in this opportunity, outlining why you would like to interact with tech entrepreneurs in Germany and where you see the potential to do business
- a curriculum vitae (CV)
- if you are not the CEO/founder, a letter of support from your company.
Applications close 24 February 2020
Applications will be assessed by MFAT staff, including the New Zealand Embassy in Germany, and in consultation with external experts after 24 February. We will let all applicants know the outcome by early March.
MFAT will fund the costs of successful applicants, including a return economy airfare, domestic transport in Germany, accommodation as well as some meals and some miscellaneous expenses.
Participants will need to cover their own spending money and insurance costs.
The Young Business Leaders Initiative was established to facilitate trade and build networks and connections between young entrepreneurs and business leaders in both Germany and in New Zealand.
If you would like further information about the programme or about applying, please email Programme Manager Lingy Au at firstname.lastname@example.org