Humanitarian Policy - submissions invited
We're updating New Zealand's humanitarian policy and want to hear your views.
The policy will respond to New Zealand’s long-standing commitment to Good Humanitarian Donorship (external link), commitments made under the Grand Bargain initative (external link), and the Government’s policy priorities, including the Pacific Reset (external link).
The policy will provide direction to New Zealand’s humanitarian action in the Pacific, South East Asia, and globally.
It will reflect and provide direction to:
- The principles that underpin New Zealand’s humanitarian action;
- Our contribution to humanitarian preparedness and response in the Pacific;
- Our contribution to humanitarian action globally;
- Priority areas for New Zealand’s advocacy and investment; and
- Humanitarian diplomacy and engagement with multilateral agencies and platforms.
To inform our analysis we are inviting submissions from the public and stakeholders on the following questions:
- What do you see as the most critical humanitarian challenges that New Zealand should be responding to in the Pacific, in South East Asia, and globally?
- What particular contribution should New Zealand make to address these challenges? How can we be most effective? What do we want to be known for?
We welcome any other thoughts you may have on the future shape of New Zealand’s humanitarian policy.
Read the existing humanitarian policy statement [PDF, 1.1 MB]
Additional information about current priorities are further elaborated on the Humanitarian Action page.
Submissions or enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30 November 2018.