Public submissions on the proposed EU FTA
Public submissions about a proposed free trade agreement between New Zealand and the European Union have been received.
In December 2015, MFAT called for public submissions on the proposed FTA between New Zealand and the European Union.
The submissions process ran until March 2016. This was the first step in a programme of consultations and outreach being held before negotiations begin.
The submissions will help to provide input into New Zealand’s approach to the preparatory discussions outlined above. This input will also help to shape New Zealand’s negotiating mandate as it enters into subsequent negotiations.
Twenty-four submissions were received. Read in full below:
1. Napier Engineering and Contracting Ltd [PDF, 497 KB]
2. NZ International Business Forum (NZIBF) [PDF, 311 KB]
3. Onions NZ [PDF, 413 KB]
4. Medical Technology Association of NZ (MTANZ) [PDF, 111 KB]
5. Fonterra [PDF, 372 KB]
6. NZ-Europe Business Council [PDF, 123 KB]
7. NZ Human Rights Commission (NZHRC) [PDF, 593 KB]
9. Beef and Lamb NZ & Meat Industry Association [PDF, 197 KB]
10. Seafood NZ [PDF, 67 KB]
12. NZ Chambers of Commerce [PDF, 188 KB]
13. NZ Manufacturers and Exporters Association (NZMEA) [PDF, 180 KB]
14. Horticulture NZ [PDF, 517 KB]
15. NZ Horticulture Export Authority (NZHEA) [PDF, 186 KB]
16. Spirits NZ [PDF, 56 KB]
17. Federated Farmers of NZ [PDF, 180 KB]
18. Enatel Ltd [PDF, 261 KB]
19. Auckland Chamber of Commerce [PDF, 78 KB]
20. NZ Winegrowers [PDF, 690 KB]
21. NZ Council of Trade Unions (NZCTU) [PDF, 153 KB]
22. Pernod Ricard Winemakers [PDF, 372 KB]
23. Public Health Association of NZ (PHANZ) [PDF, 353 KB]
24. Dairy Companies Association of NZ (DCANZ) [PDF, 377 KB]
Further input is welcome.
To provide input or for more information about the EU-New Zealand FTA process, contact us by:
Mail: Coordinator, EU-NZ FTA
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Private Bag 18-901