Assistance for New Zealanders overseas

If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas – see (external link)

Consular staff at Embassies can:

For more information please visit (external link) and (external link)

Notarial services

In certain circumstances, staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law. The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. Please call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service, including applicable fees.

USA requirements for Emergency Travel Documents

Note that since 1 July 2009 all holders of ETDs travelling to or transiting through the USA require a non-immigrant Visa Class B1 or B2 from the United States authorities. B1 and B2 visa applications need to be made at the closest United States Embassy to where the ETD application is submitted.