The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from Cambodia who are motivated to make a difference at home.
Applications open in early 2018 for tertiary study beginning early 2019. Read Application dates for more information.
The following scholarship types are available. Follow the links below for more information about the particular scholarship type.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria. Note: there are differing criteria for different scholarships.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
- Agri-business management: agricultural economics, agricultural systems and management, rural development, logistics, supply chain and distribution management, value chain development, agriculture marketing, international agribusiness
- Agriculture production: animal science, veterinary nursing, plant science, horticultural science, soil science
- Agriculture trade and technology: phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade
- Post-harvest: food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety
- Solar, hydro-electric and wind energy, energy engineering and renewable energy distribution systems,
- Market reform and sector management, including energy economics and energy efficiency
- Public policy, administration, finance, or governance in the above areas
Disaster risk management
- Reducing risk: hazard and vulnerability assessment, risk management, natural resource management, geology, geotechnical engineering, water resource management
- Readiness: disaster preparedness at national level or community level including public education
- Response: disaster response and emergency management
- Recovery: economic and social recovery from disasters
- Climate change adaptation: including planning for infrastructure, land use and water use
Public sector management
- Economic policy: public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography
- Education: policy, sector management and reform
- Public sector leadership: public administration, public policy and management (where it directly relates to Government action in a priority sector), public sector leadership and governance, human resource capacity development, information management
- International trade and business, trade facilitation, trade policy
Private sector development
- Business/private sector management and leadership, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) development, entrepreneurship, marketing, accountancy
- Business finance, commerce
English language teaching (TESOL)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences. Including:
- Under the ‘private sector development’ area, preference will be given to applicants interested in developing particular capabilities rather than generalist management and business administration
- A maximum of 10% of scholarships awarded each year will be for PhD studies
- Scholars applying for PhD studies must be eligible for direct entry i.e. MFAT will not support ICELT for prospective PhD candidates
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).
#167, Street 163 corner St 480,Sangkat Phsar Deumthkov, Khan Chamkarmon,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phone: +855 23 222 063