Federated States of Micronesia
The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from the Federated States of Micronesia who are motivated to make a difference at home.
Applications open in early 2018 for tertiary study beginning early 2019. Read Application dates for more information.
The following scholarship types are available. Follow the links below for more information about the particular scholarship type.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria. Note: there are differing criteria for different scholarships.
Read the full eligibility criteria.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
- Secondary teaching for Maths and Science subjects
- Rural basic education, early childhood, primary and secondary education, disability education
- Education administration, education management and leadership, education planning and curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, education planning, education research, special education, teacher training and upskilling
- Nursing, dental technology, lab technicians, x-ray technicians, HIV/AIDS
- Public health/public health policy, health promotion, health administration, rural health services [PDF, 397 KB]
Infrastructure and resource management
- Infrastructure development, transport/roading, energy systems
- Civil and environmental engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, geo-technical engineering, engineering technology
- Sanitation, waste management, environmental health, water and waste engineering, water technology, resource recovery, recycling
- Trades training - electrical, plumbing, mechanical, construction
- Environmental science, environmental studies, resource management, marine conservation, fisheries, aquaculture, land rehabilitation, urban planning, climate change
- Computer systems engineering, programming, computer science, computer studies, software development, software engineering, financial management information systems
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).