The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from Fiji who are motivated to make a difference at home.
Applications will open in early 2017. Read Application dates for more information.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria as outlined on this website.
Candidates must be seeking a qualification at Postgraduate level only, unless they are applying for a Bachelor of Veterinary Technology.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
Agriculture development (postgraduate only except for Veterinary Technology)
- Agri-business management: agricultural economics, agricultural systems and management, rural development, logistics, supply chain and distribution management, value chain development, agriculture marketing, international agribusiness
- Agriculture production: animal science, veterinary nursing, plant science, horticultural science, soil science
- Agriculture trade and technology: phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade
- Post-harvest: food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety
- Forestry, fisheries, aquaculture, agricultural pest management
- Marine conservation, land rehabilitation, waste management.
- Veterinary Technology (undergraduate)
Renewable energy (postgraduate only)
- Solar, hydro-electric and wind energy, energy engineering, renewable energy distribution systems, energy sector management/reform, including energy economics and financials
Disaster risk management (postgraduate only)
- Disaster preparedness and response, emergency management
- Disaster risk reduction: hazard and vulnerability assessment, risk management, natural resource management, environmental management, geology, geotechnical engineering, water resource management
- Climate change adaptation, land use planning & development
Health (postgraduate only)
- Public health, health administration, rural health services, health leadership, health policy.
Education (postgraduate only)
- Rural basic education, early childhood, primary and secondary education, disability and special education
- Education administration, education management and leadership, education planning and curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, education research, teacher training and upskilling
Public sector management (postgraduate only)
- Public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography, political science, social policy
Economic development and private sector development (postgraduate only)
- Business/private sector management and leadership, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) development, entrepreneurship, marketing, accountancy;
- Economics/ applied economics, business finance, commerce;
- Tourism - Ecotourism, tourism management, tourism planning, tourism marketing, hospitality;
- Value chain development, logistics & supply chain management;
- Trade facilitation.
Finance and economics (postgraduate only)
- Public policy and management, development economics, international economics and finance
- Economics/applied economics, business finance, commerce.
Infrastructure (postgraduate only)
- Civil Engineering
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).