The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from Kiribati who are motivated to make a difference at home.
Applications open in early 2018 for tertiary study beginning early 2019. Read Application dates for more information.
The following scholarship types are available. Follow the links below for more information about the particular scholarship type.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria as outlined on this website.
Course of study should align to the following priority sectors:
Environment, infrastructure and climate change mitigation
- Waste and sanitation management, water management and technology.
- Environmental science, environmental studies, resource management. land rehabilitation, urban planning, marine conservation.
- Climate change mitigation, renewable energy technology.
Fisheries and maritime skills
- Fisheries, aquaculture
- Post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety, bio-security, supply chains and distribution
- Maritime skills
- Health, public health, health administration, rural health services
- Rural basic education, early childhood, primary and secondary education, disability education
- Education administration, education management and leadership, education planning and curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, education planning, education research, special education, teacher training and upskilling
Public sector management/governance
- Public administration, public policy and management, public sector leadership and governance, human resource capacity development, information management/ICT
- Public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography, political science, social policy
Private sector development
- Business/private sector management and leadership, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) development, entrepreneurship, marketing, accountancy
- Value chain development, , logistics & supply chain management, trade facilitation, economics/ applied economics, business finance, commerce, industrial relations
- Tourism - Ecotourism, tourism management, tourism planning, tourism marketing
- Solar, hydro engineering and wind energy, renewable energy distribution systems
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).
New Zealand High Commission
PO Box 53
Tel: +686 21400