The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from Mongolia who are motivated to make a difference at home.
Applications open in early 2018 for tertiary study beginning early 2019. Read Application dates for more information.
The following scholarship types are available. Follow the links below for more information about the particular scholarship type.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria as outlined on this website.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
- Agri-business management: agricultural economics, agricultural systems and management, rural development, logistics, supply chain and distribution management, value chain development, agriculture marketing, international agribusiness
- Agriculture production: animal science, veterinary nursing, plant science, horticultural science, soil science
- Agriculture trade and technology: Phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade
- Post-harvest: food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety
- Solar, hydro-electric and wind energy, energy engineering and renewable energy distribution systems,
- Market reform and sector management, including energy economics and energy efficiency
- Public policy, administration, finance, or governance in the above areas
Public sector management
- Economic policy: public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography
- Education: policy, sector management and reform
- Public sector leadership: public administration, public policy and management, public sector leadership and governance, human resource capacity development, information management
- International trade and business, trade facilitation, trade policy
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).