The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from Nauru who are motivated to make a difference at home.
Applications open in early 2018 for tertiary study beginning early 2019. Read Application dates for more information.
The following scholarship types are available. Follow the links below for more information about the particular scholarship type.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria as outlined on this website.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
- Fisheries, aquaculture
- Post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety, bio-security, supply chains and distribution
Public sector management/governance
- Public administration, public policy and management, public sector leadership and governance, law, human resource capacity development, information management/ICT
- Public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography, political science, social policy
- International trade and business, trade facilitation, trade policy
- Environmental science, environmental studies, resource management.
- Water technology, waste management, land rehabilitation, urban planning.
- Marine conservation, forestry, renewable energy technology, climate change.
- Health, public health, health administration, rural health services, health leadership, health policy
- Rural basic education, early childhood, primary and secondary education, disability education
- Education administration, education management and leadership, education planning and curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, education planning, education research, special education, teacher training and upskilling
Private sector development
Economics and finance
- Economics, applied economics, finance, commerce
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).