The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from the Philippines who are motivated to make a difference at home.
Applications open from February 2017. Read Application dates for more information.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria.
Read the full Eligibility criteria.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
- Agri-business: agricultural economics, agri-business management, agricultural systems and management, rural development, logistics, supply chain and distribution management, value chain development, agriculture marketing, international agribusiness
- Agriculture production: animal science, veterinary nursing, plant science, horticultural science, soil science
- Agriculture trade and technology: phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade
- Post-harvest: food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety
- Solar, geothermal, hydro-electric and wind energy, energy engineering, renewable energy distribution systems, energy sector management/reform, including energy economics and financials
Disaster risk management
- Disaster preparedness and response, emergency management
- Disaster risk reduction: hazard and vulnerability assessment, risk management, natural resource management, environmental management, geology, geotechnical engineering, water resource management
- Climate change adaptation, land use planning & development
Public sector management
- Economic policy: public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography
- Education: policy, sector management and reform
- Public sector leadership: public administration, public policy and management, public sector leadership and governance, human resource capacity development, information management
- International trade and business, trade facilitation, trade policy
Private sector development
- Business/private sector management and leadership, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) development, entrepreneurship, marketing, accountancy
- Business finance, commerce
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).
New Zealand Embassy
23rd floor, BPI Buendia Center
360 Senator Gil Puyat Avenue
Manila, The Philippines
+63 2 891 5358