Solomon Islands scholarships
New Zealand Scholarships are available to people from Solomon Islands who are motivated to make a difference in their home country.
Applications open in early 2018 for tertiary study beginning early 2019. Read Application dates for more information.
The following scholarship types are available. Follow the links below for more information about the particular scholarship type:
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria.
Read the full eligibility criteria.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
- Agri-business management, agricultural economics, agricultural systems and management, rural development, domestic supply chains and distribution,
- Biology, vegetable production, livestock/animal husbandry, crop management, forestry, fisheries, aquaculture, agricultural pest management,
- Phytosanitary, bio-security, biotechnology, agricultural trade,
- Food production, food sciences/technology, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety.
- Geothermal, solar, hydro engineering and wind energy, renewable energy distribution systems.
Disaster risk management
- Disaster response, emergency management
- Hazard assessment and management, natural resource management, environmental management, geology, geotechnical engineering, water resource management
- Climate change adaptation, land planning & development
Public sector management
- Public administration, public policy and management, public sector leadership and governance, human resource capacity development, information management
- Public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, statistics, demography, political science, social policy
- International trade and business, trade facilitation, trade policy
Private sector development
- Business/private sector management and leadership, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) development, entrepreneurship, marketing, accountancy, information technology
- Economics/ applied economics, business finance, commerce
- Tourism - Ecotourism, tourism management, tourism planning, tourism marketing
- Aviation management
- Fisheries, aquaculture, post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety, bio-security, supply chains and distribution
Environment and resource management
- Environmental science, environmental studies, resource management.
- Water technology, waste management, land rehabilitation, urban planning.
- Marine conservation, forestry, renewable energy technology, climate change.
- International relations, international politics, international economics and trade, political science.
Health and community development
- Health, public health, health administration, rural health services
- Human rights, gender equity.
Engineering and infrastructure
- Civil and environmental engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, transportation, geo-technical engineering, engineering technology.
- Skilled trades (plumbing, electrical, construction)
- Public utilities, water management, waste management, urban planning
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).
New Zealand High Commission Honiara
PO Box 697 Honiara