The New Zealand Aid Programme offers scholarships to people from Tuvalu who are motivated to make a difference at home.
Applications open in early 2018 for tertiary study beginning early 2019. Read Application dates for more information.
The following scholarship types are available. Follow the links below for more information about the particular scholarship type.
Candidates must meet all the New Zealand Scholarships eligibility criteria. Note: there are differing criteria for different scholarships.
We want scholars who are interested in studying subjects that can improve the social and economic development of your country. We’ve chosen priority sectors that can help your country and that New Zealand has expertise in.
If you can show that your study is connected to any of these sectors, you are more likely to be selected.
These are the priority sectors:
- Health, public health, health administration, rural health services
- Education administration, education management and leadership, education planning and curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, education research.
- Fisheries, aquaculture
- Post-harvest processing, food storage and packaging, food safety, bio-security, supply chains and distribution
Public sector management
- Public financial management, government budgeting, tax reform, public sector auditing, ICT.
Disaster risk management
- Disaster response, emergency management
- Hazard assessment and management, natural resource management, environmental management, geology, geotechnical engineering, water resource management
- Climate change adaptation, land planning and development
- Solar, hydro engineering and wind energy, renewable energy distribution systems
Private sector development
- Business/private sector management and leadership, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) development, entrepreneurship, marketing, accountancy
- Value chain development, logistics & supply chain management, trade facilitation, economics/ applied economics, business finance, commerce, industrial relations, ICT
- Tourism - Ecotourism, tourism management, tourism planning, tourism marketing
Read the What You Can Study page to see examples of qualifications for these subjects.
We are guided by both the Priority Sectors (above) and Selection Preferences when shortlisting candidates.
Make sure you understand our Selection Preferences.
For questions which are not answered by the information on this website, submit an online enquiry here (external link).