Find the latest news for Lithuania
On this page
Embassies and consular services for Lithuania
|Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania|
Our relationship with Lithuania
New Zealand has a friendly relationship with Lithuania. There is a small Lithuanian community centred in Auckland.
As small states, our two countries share similar interests, and work well together at the multilateral level. We have a common approach across a range of international issues, and we cooperate closely in multilateral fora. New Zealand and Lithuania were non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council in 2015. New Zealand also values Lithuania’s role as a member of the European Union, NATO and the OECS.
Building on these political ties, New Zealand and Lithuania established a Working Holiday Scheme, which allows 100 young people annually to holiday, work and study in each other’s countries for up to a year. This agreement strengthens the people-to-people ties between our two countries.
Information on Working Holiday Schemes(external link) is available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
Information on New Zealand’s trade relationship with Lithuania is available on the New Zealand Trade Dashboard(external link).
- New Zealand is represented in Lithuania by the New Zealand Embassy to Poland(external link)
- Lithuania is represented in New Zealand by the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania
Recent official visits
New Zealand to Lithuania
- March 2017: Hon Nathan Guy, Minister for Primary Industries
- June 2016: Hon Murray McCully, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Lithuania to New Zealand
- February 2018: Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Darius Skusevičius
- March 2015: Foreign Minister, Linas Linkevičius