On this page
Embassies and consular services for Slovenia
|Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia
Our relationship with Slovenia
New Zealand has friendly relations with Slovenia. New Zealand was among the first countries to recognise Slovenia on 16 January 1992.
Working Holiday Scheme
Information on New Zealand’s Working Holiday Scheme with Slovenia(external link) is available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
New Zealand’s trade with Slovenia is available on the New Zealand Trade Dashboard(external link).
As Slovenia is a European Union member state, the EU-NZ FTA will apply to trade between Slovenia and New Zealand following ratification and entry into force
- New Zealand is represented in Slovenia by the New Zealand Embassy to Austria and Permanent Mission to the United Nations
- Slovenia is represented in New Zealand by the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia
Recent official visits
New Zealand to Slovenia
April 2008: Rt Hon Winston Peters, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Slovenia to New Zealand
- Feburary 2018: Zdravko Počivalšek,Minister of Economic Development & Technology
- June 1998: Janez Drnovšek, Prime Minister
- February 1994: Dr Davorin Kracun, Deputy Prime Minister
- May 1992: Dimitrij Rupel, Minister of Foreign Affairs