The New Zealand Embassy in Poland is proud to partner with Wspólnota Polska to present the story of the Polish Children of Pahiatua, and what happened next, from 31 October – 17 November 2019 outside Krakowskie Przedmieście 64 in Warsaw. Zapraszamy!
Our relationship with Estonia
Estonia and New Zealand enjoy a good working bilateral relationship. We are both small states with similar outlooks. New Zealand and Estonia have a shared interest in digital government, and are both members of the Digital 9 initiative to share learning about e-government.
Estonia is also a strong partner for New Zealand within the European Union, and we share a commitment to multilateralism. New Zealand holds regular officials meetings with Estonia, and work together in multilateral fora, including the UN and OECD.
A Working Holiday Scheme was established between New Zealand and Estonia in 2007, and this has served to further expand the people-to-people links between our two countries.
Year ending March 2019 statistics
Exports to Estonia
Top exports: Travel services, wool and wood products
Imports from Estonia
|Top imports: Furniture, electrical parts and machinery.|
GDP per capita
New Zealanders aged between 18 and 30 can apply for a 12-month working holiday visa for Estonia.
To apply, you can go to an Estonian embassy or consulate.
For more information, go to the Republic of Estonia Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (external link).
- New Zealand is represented in Estonia by the New Zealand Embassy in Warsaw
- Estonia is represented in New Zealand by an Ambassador in Estonia
- There is an Estonian Honorary Consul in New Zealand (Consulate of the Republic of Estonia (external link))
New Zealand visits to Estonia
- Hon Dr Megan Woods, Minister for Government Digital Services, October 2018
- Hon Hekia Parata, Minister of Education, February 2016
- Hon Peter Dunne, Minister of Internal Affairs, November 2015
- Hon Todd McClay, Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, July 2015
- Hon Amy Adams, Minister of Communications and Information Technology, April 2014 (Freedom Online Coalition Conference)
Estonian visits to New Zealand
- HE Kersti Kaljulaid, President, October 2018
- HE Marina Kaljurand, Minister of Foreign Affairs, March 2016
- HE Jaack Aaviksoo, Minister of Education, March 2014
- HE Urmas Paet, Minister of Foreign Affairs, April 2009
News & Events
There is currently an outbreak of measles in New Zealand. The outbreak is pre-dominantly in the Auckland region.
Die Botschaften von Australien, Kanada, Neuseeland und des Vereinigten Königreichs nehmen gemeinsam am Berliner Christopher Street Day 2019 teil.
From 1 October 2019, some international visitors and transit passengers must have an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) before travelling to NZ