On this page
Embassies and consular services for Estonia
|Embassy of the Republic of Estonia|
Our relationship with Estonia
Estonia and New Zealand enjoy a good working bilateral relationship. We are both small states with similar outlooks. New Zealand and Estonia have a shared interest in digital government, and are both members of the Digital 9 initiative to share learning about e-government.
Estonia is also a strong partner for New Zealand within the European Union, and we share a commitment to multilateralism. New Zealand holds regular officials meetings with Estonia, and work together in multilateral fora, including the UN and OECD.
A Working Holiday Scheme was established between New Zealand and Estonia in 2007, and this has served to further expand the people-to-people links between our two countries.
Information on Working Holiday Schemes(external link) is available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
Information on New Zealand’s trade relationship with Estonia is available on the New Zealand Trade Dashboard(external link).
- New Zealand is represented in Estonia by the New Zealand Embassy to Poland
- Estonia is represented in New Zealand by the Embassy of the Republic of Estonia
Recent official visits
New Zealand visits to Estonia
- October 2018: Hon Dr Megan Woods, Minister for Government Digital Services
- February 2016: Hon Hekia Parata, Minister of Education
Estonian visits to New Zealand
- October 2018: HE Kersti Kaljulaid, President
- March 2016: HE Marina Kaljurand, Minister of Foreign Affairs