Find the latest news for Hungary
On this page
Embassies and consular services for Hungary
|Embassy of Hungary|
Our relationship with Hungary
New Zealand’s relationship with Hungary is friendly and based largely on people-to-people links. We have a small community of around 1,400 Hungarians – many of whom arrived in New Zealand after the 1956 revolution.
While bilateral links with Hungary are modest compared with some other European Union countries, New Zealand and Hungary cooperate in the international arena where we share interests, particularly as supporters of the United Nations peacekeeping efforts.
Information on New Zealand’s Working Holiday Scheme with Hungary(external link) is available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
New Zealand’s trade with Hungary is available on the New Zealand Trade Dashboard(external link).
- New Zealand is represented in Hungary by the New Zealand Embassy to Austria and Permanent Mission to the United Nations
- Hungary is represented in New Zealand by the Embassy of Hungary
Recent official visits
New Zealand to Hungary
- August 2016: Minister of Foreign Affairs Hon Murray McCully visited Budapest
- June 2014: Prime Minister's Special Envoy on the UN Security Council Jim Bolger visited Budapest
Hungary to New Zealand
- February 2017: Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Péter Szijjártó visited Wellington and Auckland
- November 2016: President of the Republic of Hungary János Áder visited Wellington, Auckland, Rotorua and Taupo