Immigration New Zealand (external link) (INZ) is the government agency responsible for establishing New Zealand immigration policies.

Alt text here...

In general, you will need a visa if you wish to:

The Immigration New Zealand (external link) website provides comprehensive information in English about visa requirements when coming to New Zealand including information on:

Immigration New Zealand’s Hong Kong Office ceased operations on 16 March 2018.  For visa and immigration enquiries, please visit Immigration New Zealand’s website (external link) or call Immigration New Zealand’s International Call Centre at +(64) 9-914 4100.  

If you wish to find out how you can submit a visa application, please click here (external link) for the contact details and opening hours of the New Zealand Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Hong Kong.

For basic information on how New Zealand's health system, the Accident Rehabilitation and Compensation Insurance Corporation (ACC), community services and the latest guide to eligibility for health and disability services in New Zealand, please visit the respective sections on the Ministry of Health website (external link).

In general, if you wish to make a long-term visit, work, study or reside in New Zealand, you will need to obtain a visa before you depart, depending on your purpose for visiting New Zealand.

Visa-Free Access for Hong Kong Passport Holders

Holders of Hong Kong SAR and British National (Overseas) Passports have enjoyed visa-free access to New Zealand for short-term visits up to three months since October 1998.

However, you must also

  • hold a valid return or outward ticket to a country where you have the right of entry;
  • be able to show you have sufficient money to support yourself during your stay (NZ$1000 per month); this can be in form of cash, traveller's cheques or Visacard/Mastercard useable in conjunction with your bank account;
  • hold a passport valid for three months beyond the date you are leaving New Zealand; and
  • only visit for the time granted on arrival.

If you intend to stay in New Zealand longer than three months you will need to apply for a Visitor’s Visa. Please check details of further requirements at the Immigration New Zealand (external link) website. You can also download forms for the Visitor's Visa from this site.

Further tourist information can be obtained from:

Tourism New Zealand (external link)

Tourism New Zealand’s interests in Hong Kong are represented by Tourism New Zealand in Shanghai, China.

Please click here (external link) for the contact details of Tourism New Zealand in Shanghai.

Website for information on travelling to New Zealand: (external link)