New Zealand Short Term Training Scholarships
A unique opportunity to complete your vocational training in New Zealand for up to 15 months (13 weeks of English classes followed by up to one year of vocational training in the form of courses and internships)
Due to the current international context, the vocational training scholarship program is temporarily suspended. For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone (+687 27 25 42) or email (NZNoumea@mfat.net).
What the program covers:
- Medical check-up and visa examinations
- Visa fees
- Study and tuition fees
- Homestay accommodation costs
- Plane tickets (round trip, no return during the school year)
- Medical coverage
- A financial allowance to cover the costs of public transportation, cultural activities and other local costs
What we can study
All areas of professional trainings are allowed as long as they contribute to the development of the territory and are recognized as a priority by the territory (except accounting, law, education and medical for equivalence problems).
The maximum level of study allowed by the program is a maximum level 6 in the New Zealand system. You can consult the different types of training available in New Zealand (external link).
The main eligibility criteria
- Have a good level of English
- Resident in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna for several years (most of the education years)
- Be able to justify 1 to 2 years of professional experience (part-time, internship, volunteer work, etc.)
- Commit to return home for a minimum of 2 years following the training in New Zealand.
The application form will be submitted only after an English test is organized by the New Zealand Consulate and will depend on the level obtained (minimum IELTS equivalent of 5.0 required). Please contact us to find out about the next organized sessions.
Applications are open all year round and several English test sessions will be organized in 2021 depending on the reopening of the programme. It takes a minimum of 3 months between the submission of the complete application (after confirmation of the level of English) and the actual departure to New Zealand (it will also depend on the training chosen in New Zealand).
For more information, please contact the Consulate at 27 25 43 or by email email@example.com.