In certain circumstances, staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law. The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. Please call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service, including applicable fees.
Consulate-General services for New Zealanders
Assistance for New Zealanders overseas
If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas – see https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/our-services (external link)
Consular staff at Embassies can:
- provide advice re lost or stolen passports (external link) if you need to travel urgently
- help you contact family or friends to request emergency funds (external link)
- provide a list of English-speaking lawyers, and contact family and friends on your behalf, if you are detained or arrested (external link)
- provide advice on local medical facilities, help contact your family and or insurance provider if you are ill or injured (external link)
- help with arrangements following a death overseas (external link)
- in certain circumstances, provide notarial services such as witnessing affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law
- account for New Zealanders who may have been affected by a major overseas crises, such as civil unrest and natural disasters.
For more information please visit www.safetravel.govt.nz (external link) and https://www.facebook.com/SafeTravel.govt.nz (external link)
Visas for France
The New Zealand Consulate-General in Noumea casnnot assist you with obtaining a visa for France or the French Pacific Territories or in modifying your current status.
If you are currently in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna, questions related to modifying your visa status should be directed to the Bureau des Etrangers of your local French High Commission.
If you are in New Zealand, you should contact the visa section of the Embassy of France in Wellington (external link) before you leave.
Embassy of France
34-42 Manners Street
Tel: (04) 384 2555 or 802 7791 (visas)
Fax: (04) 384 2577