Assistance for New Zealanders overseas

If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas – see (external link)

Consular staff at Embassies can:

For more information please visit (external link) and (external link)

Notarial services

In certain circumstances, staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law. The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. Please call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service, including applicable fees.

Visas for France

The New Zealand Consulate-General in Noumea casnnot assist you with obtaining a visa for France or the French Pacific Territories or in modifying your current status.

If you are currently in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna, questions related to modifying your visa status should be directed to the Bureau des Etrangers of your local French High Commission.

If you are in New Zealand, you should contact the visa section of the Embassy of France in Wellington (external link) before you leave.

Embassy of France
34-42 Manners Street
Tel: (04) 384 2555 or 802 7791 (visas)
Fax: (04) 384 2577