Immigration New Zealand (external link) (INZ) is the government agency responsible for establishing New Zealand immigration policies.
In general, you will need a visa if you wish to:
- visit as a tourist (external link)
- work temporarily (external link)
- have a working holiday (external link)
- reside permanently (external link)
- study (external link)
The Immigration New Zealand (external link)Link website provides comprehensive information in English about visa requirements when coming to New Zealand including information on:
- Commonly asked questions (external link)
- Forms and guides (external link)
- Fees (external link)
- Doctors for immigration medicals (external link)
- Where to lodge your application (external link)
- Visa-free countries (external link)
Visitor visas for New Zealand
An Indonesian national who wishes to visit New Zealand as a tourist requires a Visitor’s Visa. As with all Visas, the Visitors Visa gives the holder the right to travel to New Zealand and be granted entry on arrival.
Application forms for a Visitors Visa can be downloaded from the Immigration New Zealand (external link) website or collected from the New Zealand Visa Application Centre, Jakarta.
The majority of visitors to New Zealand travel for tourist purposes. The following is required for a Visitor's Visa:
Special Note: Processing time for a Visitor’s Visa is a minimum of seven (7) working days
- One current passport size colour photograph (4 x 6 cm) for each person applying for a visa
- Current passport(s) of each person applying for a visa
- The current processing fee for a Visitor’s Visa. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- Either a completed sponsorship form (completed by your family member in New Zealand and a copy of the New Zealand citizen or New Zealand resident’s passport), or
- Evidence that you have a sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in New Zealand (a minimum of $1,000 NZ per month, per adult)
- Evidence of employment in Indonesia and leave of absence from your company/employer
- Photocopy of your Family Registration Card (Kartu Keluarga)/KITAS /KIMS
- Your itinerary
- Your marriage certificate or evidence of relationship (when the applicant is the spouse/partner of a New Zealand citizen)
Note: If you require your passport returned to an address outside Jakarta, a courier fee will apply.
For travellers not from Indonesia, visit this webpage (external link) to find out if the NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) is required before travelling or transiting in New Zealand. The NZeTA is required for travel from 1 October 2019.
New Zealand Visa Application Center
For further information, including current processing and courier fees, please contact the New Zealand Visa Application Centre, Jakarta.
Kuningan City Mall 2nd Floor No. L2-19Jl Prof Dr Satrio Lot 18Setiabudi, Kuningan, Jakarta 12940 IndonesiaOpening Hours: Monday to Friday : 08.00 to 16.00 WIBCall Centre:+62 21 30418701
Applications can be submitted to the New Zealand Visa Application Centre between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
For more information on the process of submitting visa applications at the Visa Application Centre please go to the Visa Application Centre website at: www.vfsglobal.com/newzealand/indonesia (external link). The Visa Application Centre can also be contacted via: firstname.lastname@example.org