The New Zealand High Commission in Kuala Lumpur does not process visa applications or deal with immigration matters.
For all New Zealand visa enquiries and applications, please contact the New Zealand Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Singapore:
New Zealand Visa Application Centre
Level 8 135 Cecil Street
Immigration New Zealand (external link) (INZ) is the government agency responsible for establishing New Zealand immigration policies.
In general, you will need a visa if you wish to:
- visit as a tourist (external link)
- work temporarily (external link)
- have a working holiday (external link)
- reside permanently (external link)
- study (external link)
The Immigration New Zealand website (external link) provides comprehensive information in English about visa requirements when coming to New Zealand including information on:
- Commonly asked questions (external link)
- Forms and guides (external link)
- Fees (external link)
- Doctors for immigration medicals (external link)
- Where to lodge your application (external link)
- Visa-free countries (external link)
Visa-Free Access for Malaysian Passport Holders
Holders of Malaysian Passports can gain visa-free access to New Zealand for short-term visits up to three months.
However, you must also:
- Hold a valid return or outward ticket to a country where you have the right of entry
- Be able to show you have sufficient money to support yourself during your stay
- Hold a passport valid for three months beyond the date you are leaving New Zealand; and
- Only visit for the time granted on arrival.
If you intend to stay in New Zealand longer than three months you will need to apply for a Visitor’s Visa. Please check details of further requirements at the Immigration New Zealand (external link) website.
Change in processing office for all visa label replacements and New Zealand citizen endorsements
From Friday 6 May 2016, Immigration New Zealand’s Bangkok Area Office will become the processing office for all visa label replacements and New Zealand citizen endorsements.
This means that, from this date, all applications for people residing in Singapore, Malaysia, Maldives, Seychelles and Brunei will now be sent to the Bangkok Area Office for processing.
Applications for replacement visas and New Zealand citizen endorsements will continue to be accepted by the Singapore Visa Application Centre (VAC).
The processing time will be 7 working days. This is subject to change depending on whether more information is needed to support an application.
For further information please see the VFS Global Singapore website (external link) or contact +65 6224 1326.