During the current COVID-19 pandemic, MFAT is required to facilitate contact tracing for COVID-19 cases. In order to meet this obligation, through at least Alert Levels 2, 3, and 4 MFAT will be tracking the movements of all staff, service personnel, and external visitors which enter MFAT facilities in New Zealand.
This process may differ slightly by facility, but will include the following.
Supplying COVID-19 protocols
Asking all suppliers and vendors to submit their company's COVID-19 protocols and practices for when entering MFAT's site. This will include:
- Contact details for individuals and company.
- Confirmation of what contact tracing process they have in place.
- Confirm what PPE, if any, will be worn, at each Alert Level and if moving between floors how this will be safely changed to prevent cross-contamination.
Confirm how disposal of used PPE will take place.
- How (where appropriate) tools and equipment are disinfected between uses in different locations.
- How areas of work at MFAT facilities (where appropriate) will be disinfected.
Additional on-site processes
On location at MFAT facilities:
- Sign in to the WhosonLocation kiosk at Reception (at level 2 only).
- Sign in to all floors using the register at the entrance to the floor.
- Maintain a detailed task list of what tasks were completed on each floor including areas/rooms visited.
- Sign out when departing the building (at level 2 only).
- Observe social distancing at all times.
- Only 2 people are allowed in a lift at the same time.
- Follow the instructions on any signage.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser before and after transitioning between spaces (or floors if required).
- If the fire alarm sounds exit the building, observing social distancing where possible but utilising hand rails. You will be provided with hand sanitiser in the evacuation point and will be asked to check in with the building warden.
- Inform MFAT contact immediately if any staff are confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 infection.
What is MFAT doing?
MFAT will undertake to:
- Notify any suppliers and vendors of particular risks to their staff and of any potential exposures to COVID-19.
- Provide any suppliers and vendors of updated MFAT protocols for their staff, if these change.
If questions arise regarding these requirements, please feel free to contact your MFAT contact.
The following information might be useful in meeting these requirements: Site Safe - COVID-19 protocols(external link)
Download this information
A PDF of this information is available for download and printing.