On this page
Public engagement on trade
For details of public events (including upcoming dates and registration) and information about public consultation on all our negotiations, see our Public Engagement on Trade page.
Previous consultation on the New Zealand-United Kingdom free trade agreement
From 23 November 2018 to 11 February 2019, we asked for New Zealanders' views on a future New Zealand-United Kingdom Free Trade Agreement. Submissions have now closed.
We will also consult further on specific issues once negotiations are launched.
In initial consultations, we asked New Zealanders for their views on:
- What New Zealand should prioritise in a future FTA with the United Kingdom
- Any areas where the United Kingdom and New Zealand could cooperate more closely
- Trade barriers that New Zealanders may face, or are concerned about, in trading with the United Kingdom after Brexit
- Specific industries, businesses or products that New Zealanders think could have better access to the United Kingdom’s market
- Other outcomes that will make it easier for New Zealanders to do business in the United Kingdom, including access to the right type of visas
- Any concerns New Zealanders have with a possible free trade agreement.
Anyone with an interest in the agreement is also welcome to submit feedback or questions at any time by email or post.
A dedicated MFAT email address UKFTA@mfat.govt.nz has been established for public enquiries and feedback and is available for use at any stage during the negotiations.
Or if you would like to send hard copy mail, please write to:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Private Bag 18-901
Follow us on social media for updates on events.