On this page
Embassies and consular services for Finland
|Embassy of Finland|
Our relationship with Finland
New Zealand and Finland share similar views on many international issues including security, disarmament and the environment. As two small, independent democracies, we are natural partners and often share similar perspectives and priorities, particularly in the United Nations and the OECD.
Finland is a member of a number of initiatives that New Zealand has instigated, including the Small Advanced Economies Initiative, the Friends of Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform group, and the Global Research Alliance.
A new dimension was added to our relationship with Finland when they joined the European Union in 1995.
Information on Working Holiday Schemes(external link) is available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
Information on New Zealand’s trade relationship with Finland is available on the New Zealand Trade Dashboard(external link).
- New Zealand is represented in Finland by the New Zealand Embassy to Sweden
- Finland is represented in New Zealand by the Embassy of Finland
Recent official visits
New Zealand to Finland
- October 2022: Minister of Internal Affairs, Hon Jan Tinetti, visited Helsinki
- June 2016: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hon Murray McCully
- October 2015: Minister for Education, Hon Hekia Parata; Minister for Social Housing, Hon Paula Bennett
Finland to New Zealand
- February 2018: Minister of Economic Affairs, Mika Lintilä
- Match 2016: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Timo Soini