Assistance for New Zealanders overseas
If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas – see https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/our-services(external link)
Consular staff at Embassies can:
- provide advice re lost or stolen passports(external link) if you need to travel urgently
- help you contact family or friends to request emergency funds(external link)
- provide a list of English-speaking lawyers, and contact family and friends on your behalf, if you are detained or arrested(external link)
- provide advice on local medical facilities, help contact your family and or insurance provider if you are ill or injured(external link)
- help with arrangements following a death overseas(external link)
- in certain circumstances, provide notarial services such as witnessing affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law
- account for New Zealanders who may have been affected by a major overseas crises, such as civil unrest and natural disasters.
For more information please visit www.safetravel.govt.nz(external link) and https://www.facebook.com/SafeTravel.govt.nz(external link)
During Office Hours 8.30am - 5.00pm Tel: +90 312 446 3333 Fax: +90 312 446 3317
During Office Hours +962 6 463 6720
During Office Hours +972 3 695 6622 or +972 3 695 1869
After Hours Emergency Contact
If you are a New Zealand citizen and in need of urgent assistance outside normal office hours and the matter cannot wait until normal office hours then you should call +64 99 20 20 20
Please note the after hours number is an international call to New Zealand.
In certain circumstances, staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law. The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. Please call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service, including applicable fees.