In certain circumstances, staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law. The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. Please call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service.
Consulate services for New Zealanders
Assistance for New Zealanders overseas
If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas – see https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/our-services (external link)
Consular staff at Embassies can:
- provide advice re lost or stolen passports (external link) if you need to travel urgently
- help you contact family or friends to request emergency funds (external link)
- provide a list of English-speaking lawyers, and contact family and friends on your behalf, if you are detained or arrested (external link)
- provide advice on local medical facilities, help contact your family and or insurance provider if you are ill or injured (external link)
- help with arrangements following a death overseas (external link)
- in certain circumstances, provide notarial services such as witnessing affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law
- account for New Zealanders who may have been affected by a major overseas crises, such as civil unrest and natural disasters.
For more information please visit www.safetravel.govt.nz (external link) and https://www.facebook.com/SafeTravel.govt.nz (external link)
Fees for Consulate Services provided in Geneva are:
- The taking of any affidavit, affirmation or declaration CHF 70.00
- The witnessing of any will or other testamentary disposition CHF 70.00
- The certification or verification of any signature or document CHF 70.00
- The typing or other preparation of any certificate CHF 70.00
- Certified true copy of an original document CHF 35.00 plus CHF 17.50 for any additional copy
- Emergency Travel Document CHF 360 - the processing time for an ETD is 3 working days
Please note that payments can only be accepted in cash or by bank transfer into the account of the New Zealand Permanent Mission and Consulate General, Geneva held at Citibank, N.A., London Branch, Citigroup Centre, Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB; IBAN: CH63 8909 5000 014092619; SWIFT Code, CITIGB2L; Currency, CHF; Credit card payments and personal cheques will not be accepted.