On this page
The New Zealand Embassy Fund (the Fund) supports short-term community projects that contribute to wider community well-being and sustainable development in Egypt in order to reduce poverty and contribute to a secure, equitable and prosperous world.
Who can apply
The Fund is aimed primarily at community groups and Non-Government Organisations but other types of not-for profit organisations, for example schools, business associations, may apply. The Fund does not support individual businesses. Check with the New Zealand Embassy if you are unsure about your organisation's eligibility.
The Fund can be used to support development projects in the areas of, but not limited to, sustainable agriculture, environmental sustainability, women's empowerment, capacity and skills building.
Our preference is that approved projects are completed within one year.
Proposals should cover:
- key stakeholders of the project (including the target beneficiaries)
- the consultative process undertaken to develop the activity plan
- the project’s objectives
- an implementation plan clearly illustrating the key stages of your project from the start until the end including the different inputs required
- possible risks to the project and how they will be managed
- a safety plan for the project where high risks are identified
- a detailed budget.
The maximum grant funding per project is USD 20,000 (EGP 308,000).
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the Fund has opened.
- All relevant sections of the application form must be completed in full and accompanied by all requested supporting documentation upon submission.
- Only applications using the New Zealand Embassy Fund Application Form [DOCX, 87 KB] will be considered.
- Organisations should email their application form to Kinda.Sabet@mfat.net by 5pm on Sunday, 4 October 2020.
- Please note that late and incomplete applications will not be considered and no exceptions will be made.
- All applicants will be notified by email of the result of their application.
If you have any questions
For any enquiries about the Fund email Kinda.Sabet@mfat.net