More information for visitors

Injury while visiting New Zealand

If you are injured while travelling in New Zealand,  the Accident Compensation Corporation of New Zealand (ACC) may be able to help with the cost of treatment and support while you are in New Zealand.

The ACC website(external link) has information for visitors to New Zealand about compensation entitlements.

ACC only covers injuries that happen in New Zealand and treatment you receive there. ACC cannot reimburse you for expenses such as delayed travel or loss of income in your home country. It is important to note that ACC will not cover you for illness - it is not a replacement for travel insurance.


We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our website, to analyze our website traffic, and to understand where our visitors are coming from. You can find out more information on our Privacy Page.