Consulate-General services for New Zealanders

Assistance for New Zealanders overseas

If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas – see link)

Consular staff at Embassies can:

For more information please visit link) and link)

Notarial services

In certain circumstances, staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law. The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. Please call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service, including applicable fees.

Visas for France

The New Zealand Consulate-General in Noumea cannot assist you with obtaining a visa for France or the French Pacific Territories or in modifying your current status.

If you are currently in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna, questions related to modifying your visa status should be directed to the Bureau des Etrangers of your local French High Commission.

If you are in New Zealand, you should contact the visa section of the Embassy of France in Wellington(external link) before you leave.

Embassy of France
Level 8
20 Ballance Street
New Zealand
Tel (04) 384 2555

Postal address
P O Box 483
Wellington 6140
New Zealand


We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our website, to analyze our website traffic, and to understand where our visitors are coming from. You can find out more information on our Privacy Page.