On this page
Physical address La Casa D'Andrea E Luciano Rue Pierre Lamy Port Vila, Shefa Province Vanuatu
- Tel +678(22)933
- Fax +678(22)518
- Email email@example.com
- Office hours Mon-Fri 0900 -1200, and 1300-1500
- Head of Mission High Commissioner Nicci Simmonds
Postal address PO Box 161 Port Vila Vanuatu
Visit Careers at MFAT for opportunities in New Zealand and overseas.
Programme Manager: Political, Law and Justice
The New Zealand High Commission in Vanuatu is seeking a Programme Manager: Political, Law and Justice to work in our Port Vila office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management, coordination, and oversight of the New Zealand Government’s activities in the political, law, and justice sectors. The role also has responsibility for tracking, reporting and advising on issues of interest within these sectors. The position is full time and open tenure. Some travel within Vanuatu will be required as part of the role.
- Identify, research, report, and provide advice on key political, social, economic and security issues and emerging trends of interest/relevance to New Zealand.
- Track New Zealand policy positions and key messages for the political, law and justice sectors.
- Track all New Zealand activities in the political, law, and justice sectors.
- Identify, scope, and design activities in the political, law, and justice sectors.
- Develop and manage relationships with key decision-makers, development partners, policy-makers, and influencers in the political, law, and justice sectors in Vanuatu.
- Financial management of the activities including: tracking expenditure and payments, contributing to annual planning of budgets and monitor activity budgets, cash flows, and financial approvals in line with financial management systems and delegations.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and at least three years relevant professional experience. A post-graduate degree in development, political studies or a related field is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in both English and Bislama).
- An in depth understanding of Vanuatu’s local governmental and administrative systems, customs and practices, trends and issues and cultural, political and social environments.
- The ability to think critically and analytically to provide excellent policy and programme advice related to the local context.
- The ability to build relationships and networks, both external and internal, and contact the right people at the right time to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- An understanding of development principles including sustainability, gender, human rights, and environmental issues. • Highly competent in the Microsoft Office suite. • An understanding of budget and financial management.
- Hold a current driver’s licence and be able to drive safely in local conditions.
For a full Job Description and any further information about the role, please contact the High Commission Human Resources Manager on the below email address. Interested applicants should send a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 22 November 2017 at 4pm. Only Shortlisted applicants will be notified.